25 Incredibly Crazy and Awesome Ice Cream Flavors You’ve Never Heard Of
From the mind-blowing to the downright strange, ice cream has it all. And this list of new and unheard-of ice cream flavors is proof! From black sesame to yuzu, there’s something for everyone on this list. Whether you’re in the mood for something unique or simply want to try something new, these 25 ice cream flavors are sure to satisfy you. So dive in and let the ice cream madness begin!
25 ice cream flavors you’ve never heard of
Ice cream is a delicious way to enjoy the summertime, and this list of 20 ice cream flavors is sure to satisfy any craving. From traditional favorites like chocolate and vanilla to more unusual takes on ice cream, these flavors are all unique and delicious. Whether you’re a newbie when it comes to trying different types of ice cream or you just want some new options for your regular rotation, these 20 incredible flavors will have you covered. So jump in – the madness begins!
1) Green tea ice cream: This flavor comes from Japan, where green tea is a popular drink. As such, many ice cream brands there include Green Tea in their flavors.
2) Kaffir lime ice cream: This tropical-inspired flavor is perfect for those warm summer days.
3) Roasted marshmallow ice cream: This decadent and unusual flavor tastes like roasted sugar cones mixed with creamy marshmallows.
4) Black sesame seed ice cream: Made from black sesame seeds and other spices, this unique type of ice Cream has a distinctive but delicious taste.
5) Tiramisu ice cream: This delicious Italian ice cream flavor is made with coffee, ladyfingers, and a mound of whipped cream.
6) Blueberry lemonade ice cream: Made with blueberries and lemon juice, this sweet ice Cream is perfect for those warm summer days.
7) Salted caramel overload ice cream: One taste of this decadent goodness and you’ll be hooked! Made from layers of heavy creams, rich Caramels, chopped salted nuts, and sea salt – it’s not for the faint-hearted!
8) Lime thyme crème Fraiche ice cream: This flavor combination is a yummy twist on thyme ice cream.
9) Coconut milk ice cream with toasted shredded coconut: Another tropical-inspired flavor, this icy delight is made with creamy coconut milk and toasted shredded coconut.
10) Mocha java chipotle ice Cream: This unique take on mocha flavors combines coffee, chocolate chips, and chili peppers for an intense but delicious taste.
11) Spicy pumpkin spice ICE creamsicles™: A spiced-up variation of classic pumpkin pie flavoring, these are sure to warm your heart during the cold winter months.
12) Pecan pie ice cream: Creamy and rich, this classic American Pie flavor is perfect for the fall season.
13) Nutella banana ice cream: A delicious combination of two classic favorites- Nutella and Bananas.
14) Coconut milk chai green tea ice cream: This flavor is perfect for those warm summer days.
15) Dark chocolate wynola:(made with 72% dark chocolate, 28 % milk, and 5% wynola butter): This rich and decadent flavor is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
16) Maple bacon ice cream: This unique flavor is made with real maple syrup and crispy bacon.
17) Butterscotch salt caramel ice cream: A delicious combination of butterscotch and caramel flavors, perfect for those warm summer days!
18) Peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream: Delicious chunks of peanut butter blended with milk chocolate chips make this a must-try flavor.
19) Pumpkin spice latte ice cream: This flavor is a delicious coffee-laced twist on traditional pumpkin pie flavors.
20) Nutella mint chocolate chip ice cream: A delicious combination of two classic favorite flavors- Nutella and Mint Chocolate Chips.
21) Salted caramel ice cream: This unique and delicious flavor is made with real salted caramel and malted milk balls.
22) Coconut curry spice ICE cream: A delicious mix of coconut milk, spices and creamy vanilla ice cream.
23) Bourbon pecan pie icecream:(made with 60% bourbon, 25% whole pecans, 15% butter): This rich flavor combines the best of two classic American desserts- Bourbon Pecan Pie and Peanut Butter Pie!
24) Classic tiramisu ice Cream: Rich espresso coffee flavored sweetened with ladyfingers makes this a must -try flavor.
25) Blueberry lemonade ice cream: Tart blueberries blended with fresh lemon juice make this a refreshing and unique flavor.
Few Facts about Ice-Cream Industry
- There are over 1,500 different ice cream flavors available in the US alone!
- In 1880, a Scotsman named James Sheridan invented an experimental version of ice cream that used buttermilk and eggs instead of milk.
- The first franchised American ice cream shop was founded in 1894 by Sanford C. Weill and Louis Dreyfus (of Yum! Brands).
- In 1907, Häagen-Dazs opened their first store in New York City—and it quickly became a sensation among city dwellers due to its lower prices and unique flavors.
- Ben & Jerry’s first ice cream flavor was inspired by Phish guitarist Trey Anastasio’s love of Jazz fusion—Phish Fudge Chunk!
- Up until the early 1960s, most ice cream recipes used whole milk instead of low-fat or fat-free dairy products.
- In 1971, Faygo became America’s first soft drink to be certified kosher (by the Orthodox Union).
- In 1992, Häagen-Dazs introduced a new line of cones that featured swirls and patterns created with a machine called a rotary spinner.
- In 1998, Ben & Jerry’s opened their first store in England—and they quickly became popular among British fans of the duo’s ice cream flavors (which are not available in the US).
- The world’s most expensive ice cream is believed to be Swiss Chocolate Cake Pecan Pie Ice Cream topped with a 1/2-lb slice of ham that costs $68 per scoop!
- In 2003, Haagen-Dazs introduced a line of ice cream sandwiches called the “Two Scoops” that consisted of two different flavors of ice cream in between two slices of bread.
- In 2009, Ben & Jerry’s released their first ever vegan flavor—Chocolate Fudge Brownie – and it quickly became one of the chain’s most popular flavors (along with regular cow milk flavors).
- The world’s second largest ice cream manufacturer is Nestlé which manufactures over 350 types and varieties of ice cream!
- Ice Cream was once considered a “poor man’s food” because it was affordable and easy to make – and many people would often eat it as an occasional treat.
- In 1908, a entrepreneur by the name of Herman Kohler invented an ice cream freezer—and this made it possible for people to quickly batch cook their ice cream in advance (which helped to increase sales!).
Did you know that ice cream is not just for summertime? In this blog, we’ve gathered 25 ice cream flavors that you may have never heard of before. From yummy chocolate and strawberry flavors to fruity and exotic flavors, there is something for everyone in this list! So, whether you’re looking for a new ice cream flavor to try or just want to expand your ice cream palate, be sure to check out this blog!