People don’t realize how important the South’s most staple and famous dish is. Nowadays there are many places that are called BBQ restaurants, but it doesn’t come close to what you’ll find in Georgia. So if you’re looking for a place that offers authentic and optimal BBQ- then take a look at this article!
Top 5 BBQ spots in Atlanta
Austin’s Eastside Smokehouse
If you’re looking for some of the best BBQ in Atlanta, you’ll want to check out Austin’s Eastside Smokehouse. This place is known for its amazing ribs, pulled pork, and brisket, and they definitely do not disappoint. The meat is cooked to perfection and the flavor is out of this world. If you’re a fan of BBQ, you’ll definitely want to check out Austin’s Eastside Smokehouse.
Flip Daddy’s Smoke Kitchen
In Atlanta, there’s no shortage of great places to get BBQ. But if you’re looking for the best of the best, you need to check out Flip Daddy’s Smoke Kitchen.
This place is all about the smoked meats, and they do it right. The chicken is some of the juiciest and most flavorful you’ll ever have, and the ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender. And don’t even get us started on the brisket. It’s like nothing you’ve ever tasted before.
But it’s not just the meat that’s great at Flip Daddy’s. The sides are also top notch. The baked beans are sweet and savory and the collard greens are cooked to perfection. And be sure to try the cornbread. It’s so good; you’ll be tempted to eat it as a meal all by itself!
So if you’re looking for an amazing BBQ experience in Atlanta, be sure to check out Flip Daddy’s Smoke Kitchen. You won’t be disappointed.
Atlanta Barbecue Market
There is no shortage of barbecue places to eat in Atlanta. In fact, there are so many good options that it can be hard to decide where to go. Here are some of the best barbecue places in Atlanta, depending on what you’re looking for:
- If you want a traditional Southern barbecue experience, then you need to go to Heirloom Market BBQ. They use all local ingredients and cook everything over a wood fire. The result is some of the most delicious and authentic barbecue you’ll ever taste.
- If you’re looking for something a little different, then check out B’s Cracklin’ BBQ. They specialize in crackling pork skin, which they serve as an appetizer or side dish. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever had before, and it’s sure to satisfy your barbecue cravings.
- Of course, no list of Atlanta barbecue places would be complete without mentioning Big Dave’s Dawgs & Burgers. They’re known for their massive burgers, which come piled high with all your favorite toppings. And their hot dogs are no joke either – they’re served with a variety of creative toppings and sauces.
So whether you’re looking for traditional Southern barbecue or something a little out of the ordinary, you’ll find it in Atlanta. Just make sure to come hungry – these places don’t mess around when it comes to portion sizes!
Woody’s Barbeque & Catering
Woody’s Barbeque & Catering has been a staple in the Atlanta area since its inception in 1995. The restaurant is known for its mouth-watering barbecue, as well as its expansive catering menu. Whether you’re looking to cater your next event or simply enjoy some delicious barbecue, Woody’s is the place to go.
Ray Ray’s Hog Pit
Ray Ray’s Hog Pit is one of the best places to get BBQ in Atlanta. They have a great selection of meats and sides, and their prices are very reasonable. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed, and the staff is always friendly and helpful.
Some more best BBQ spots in Atlanta
Atlanta is known for its amazing BBQ, and there are plenty of great spots to get your fix. Here are some of the best BBQ spots in Atlanta:
- Heirloom Market BBQ: This place is known for its Korean-style BBQ, and it does not disappoint. The meats are cooked to perfection and the sides are also delicious.
- Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint: This spot is famous for its ribs, which are slow-cooked and full of flavor. The brisket is also excellent, and you can’t go wrong with any of the sides.
- Fox Bros Bar-B-Q: Another great spot for ribs, Fox Bros also has amazing pulled pork and brisket. Be sure to try the signature Fox Bros Bar-B-Q sauce – it’s mouth-watering!
- Blessed Q Soul Food & Barbecue: This restaurant has a great atmosphere, and the food lives up to the hype. The ribs and chicken are both excellent, and don’t forget to try the macaroni and cheese – it’s heavenly!
- DAS BBQ: This food truck is always a hit, serving up some of the best smoked meats in town. The pulled pork is particularly amazing, but everything on the menu is worth trying.
What to order per location:
If you are looking for some good BBQ in Atlanta, there are a few places that you should definitely check out. Here is a guide of what to order at each location:
The Pulled Pig: The pulled pork sandwich is the way to go here. It comes with coleslaw and pickles on a toasted bun and is absolutely delicious.
Heirloom Market BBQ: The brisket is the star of the show at Heirloom Market. It is smoked for 14 hours and is incredibly juicy and tasty.
Fat Matt’s Rib Shack: Fat Matt’s is known for their ribs, and for good reason. They are some of the best ribs in town, and come served with a special sauce that is out of this world.
Twisted Soul Cookhouse & Pours: Twisted Soul offers up a great BBQ chicken plate that comes with white cheddar macaroni and collard greens.
To help you plan your next Atlanta BBQ date, here are some FAQs to guide you:
What are the best places in Atlanta for BBQ?
There are many great places for BBQ throughout Atlanta, but some of our favorites include Heirloom Market BBQ, B’s Cracklin’ BBQ, and D.B.A. Barbecue.
What should I expect when dining at an Atlanta BBQ restaurant?
Most Atlanta BBQ restaurants will serve up classic barbecue dishes like ribs, pulled pork, and chicken, often with a unique twist. Be sure to try the local specialty, Georgia Peach Cobbler!
What sides should I order with my BBQ meal?
Sides vary by restaurant, but some of our favorite sides to pair with BBq include coleslaw, baked beans, fried okra, and mashed potatoes.
There’s nothing quite like a good BBQ, and Atlanta has some of the best in the country. Whether you’re looking for a casual spot to eat with friends or something a little more upscale, there’s sure to be a place on this list that fits your needs. So next time you’re in the mood for some mouth-watering barbecue, make sure to check out one of these great places in Atlanta.