America is a land of barbecue. Whether you’re looking for smoked brisket, pulled pork, or chicken breasts – there are plentiful BBQ side dishes to try in America. It is a rich tradition that started with the British settlers who brought their love of barbecuing to new lands.
BBQ is a popular American dish, and there are many different ways to enjoy it. Some people prefer their BBQ cooked over an open flame, while others might enjoy the taste of grilling without any heat at all. No matter what your preference may be, these mouth-watering side dishes will definitely please!
BBQ side dishes that will tantalize your taste buds
Being a tourist in America, one of the things you must do is explore their amazing barbecue. And there’s no better way to do that than with some delicious side dishes! Here are 20 mouth-watering BBQ side dishes to try in America:
- Coleslaw: Most likely, coleslaw is something you’re familiar with. But this classic side dish can be made in so many different ways, and there are endless variations to explore. In America, the most popular version is usually made with shredded cabbage, carrots, and sweetened vinegar dressing.
- Potato Salad: Just like coleslaw, potato salad can be adapted to fit any taste or preference – whether it’s creamy chicken or ham-and-cheese style, simple or extravagant (think bacon!), there’s a variation for everyone to enjoy!
- Macaroni Salad: America’s version of macaroni salad is typically made with mayonnaise, bacon, and shredded cheese – making it a very indulgent side dish!
- Watermelon Sliders: Soft, sweet watermelon is combined with savory slider buns for the ultimate summertime snack! These sliders are quick and easy to make, so they’re perfect for a busy party night.
- Green Beans: Served fresh and crunchy, green beans make an excellent addition to any BBQ feast!
- Corn on the Cob: Fried corn on the cob is a must-try for any barbecue lover! It’s perfect for a light and crispy snack, and it can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Barbecue Beans: Another BBQ classic that you don’t want to miss is barbecue beans – which are made with meat (usually pork or beef), onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates: Wrapped in bacon and baked until they’re just tender – dates are an easy but delicious way to add some sweetness to your BBQ side dish lineup!
- Fried Pickles: These tangy pickles can be served as an appetizer or side dish, and they’re perfect for anyone who loves a good salty snack!
- Double-Cheeseburger Sliders: These slider patties are filled with two types of beef – ground chuck and top sirloin – plus cheese, bread crumbs, and herbs. They can be made into any shape you like (including the classic slider), so there’s sure to be a variation that appeals to everyone in your group!
- Cranberry Sauce: Sweet and tangy, cranberry sauce is a perfect addition to any BBQ feast! It can be served as an individual side dish or on top of your meats, and it goes perfectly with some cold beer or ice cream!
- Jalapeno Poppers: Crispy and stuffed with cream cheese, jalapeno peppers are a must-try for any BBQ lover! They’re easy to make and perfect for topping off your meats or serving as an appetizer.
- Summer Sausage Rolls: These sausage rolls are made with ground pork, bread crumbs, and herbs – plus a little bit of sugar to give them that delicious summer flavor! They’re perfect for any BBQ feast and they make a great appetizer or side dish.
- Cream Cheese Bacon Wrapped Dates: A twist on the classic bacon-wrapped date, these dates are wrapped in creamy cheese instead! They’re a perfect appetizer for any BBQ party – and they taste even better when served cold!
- Homemade Slaw: This easy slaw is made with shredded cabbage, carrots, onion, and celery – plus a little bit of mayonnaise or sour cream to topper it off perfectly! It’s healthy and refreshing enough to serve as an appetizer or side dish at your next BBQ party.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: One of the classic comfort foods, grilled cheese sandwiches are simple but delicious! They can be made with any type of bread or cheese – and they’re perfect for a quick snack or an easy meal.
- Fruit Salad: A delicious way to end any BBQ feast, fruit salad is perfect for taking the edge off of those food coma lines! It can be made with whatever fruits are in season – and it’s a great way to use up all that extra fruit that’s been sitting around waiting to be eaten.
- Blueberry Cobbler: This famous dessert is adapted especially for summertime parties! Instead of using frozen ingredients, this cobbler uses fresh blueberries – and it comes together quickly so your guests will never know they’re eating healthfully!
- Summer Berry Pie: Sweet summer berries are combined with a tender crust to create this amazing pie – perfect for any summer gathering! It’s easy to make, and it comes together in just minutes so there’s no need to worry about prepping ahead.
- Strawberry Shortcake: This classic dessert is made extra delicious by the addition of strawberries – making it the perfect dessert for any BBQ party! It can be served warm or cold, and it’s sure to be a hit with your guests.
5 Best BBQ Joints in the USA to explore
If you’re looking for some of the best BBQ joints in America, you’ll want to check out these five destinations! From Kansas City’s famous Angelo’s Ribs to Texas’ own Kreuz Market, each of these places will leave your taste buds wanting more. So don’t miss out – head on over to one of these amazing spots and indulge in some delicious barbecue today!
- Angelo’s Rib Shack: Whether it’s their signature dry-rub ribs or their saucy burnt ends, there’s something for everyone at this legendary BBQ joint. And since they offer both indoor and outdoor seating, you can enjoy your meal anywhere you want!
- Kreuz Market: This Austin institution is known for its brisket, pulled pork, and Texas-sized chicken legs – so whether you’re in the mood for some classic BBQ or something a little more inventive (think Korean-style barbecue), Kreuz has got you covered. Plus, if there’s one thing Austin knows how to do well it’s set up an amazing food truck scene!
- Micklethwait Craft Meats: If quality meat is what you’re after, look no further than Micklethwait Craft Meats. Not only do they serve up some of the best beef in all of America, but their side dishes are just as fantastic. From Memphis-style potato salad to Carolina collard greens, you won’t find a better BBQ option in all of metropolitan Washington D.C.
- Smokey Bones: If you love your ribs skewers style (no sauce necessary), then Smokey Bones is definitely the place for you! And don’t forget to try out their fantastic chicken wings – they’re one of the most popular items on the menu!
- Joe’s Kansas City Barbeque: Like Angelo’s, this legendary BBQ joint is known for its amazing dry-rub ribs. But unlike Angelo’s, Joe’s also has some fantastic saucy options – perfect if you want something a little more indulgent. Plus, with both indoor and outdoor seating, there’s no need to miss out on this delicious food just because it’s raining outside!
Looking for recipes that will tantalize your taste buds and keep you coming back for more? Look no further than our blog! Here, you’ll find recipes for mouth-watering BBQ side dishes that will tantalize your taste buds. From sweet and savory sauces to crunchy vegetables, we’ve got you covered! So, don’t wait any longer and start cooking some delicious BBQ side dishes today!